23. February 2012 06:52
In this era of digitalization, everyone wants to have all the information available handy on the touch of fingers. There was a time when the convention and visitors bureaus and destination marketing organizations were the first preference for the people who used to travel to a town or a country. But now day's people want to have all the information available on their mobile devices. A survey conducted by the Strategic Marketing Group tells that about 93% people prefer to use internet as primary tool for planning their vacations.
This change was a big trouble for destination marketing organizations (DMO’s). DMO’s despite of having huge database and all the information about the town or the country were unable to serve people due to lack of reach.
As a solution, DMO websites came into existence. DMO website is a relatively newer concept which concentrates on digitalizing the data available with the organization. Because of the fact that such organizations already had a large quantity of quality information available about the town or the country, the DMO websites recently evolved as a huge success.
The biggest advantage of DMO website is that one does not needs to visit the DMO office personally to know more about a destination. The person can collect all the information about the destination just by visiting the DMO website and decide whether to go or not to go to a particular destination.
A DMO website promotes a town, city, region, or country in order to increase the number of visitors. It promotes the development and marketing of a destination, focusing on convention sales, local businesses, tourism marketing, and services.
The major benefit of a DMO website is the available information for the user. A general search engine provides information about the links to different website but a DMO website contains actual data. A DMO website mainly provides following features:
- Country specific information
- Province specific information
- Town specific information
- Tourism Information
- Business & related details
- Product definition and availability
- Events specific to business
- Deals at a specific business
- Jobs specific to business
- Registration for specific events
8. February 2012 07:53
What is Windows Azure Access Control System?
- Tool for authenticating and authorizing users for a website service
- Integrate single sign on (SSO) and centralized authorization into your web applications
- Compatible with most modern platforms, and integrates with both web and enterprise identity providers
- Integrates with Windows Identity Foundation (WIF) and tooling
- Logon using popular web identity providers including: Windows Live ID, Google, Yahoo, and Facebook
- Integrated and customizable Home Realm Discovery that allows users to choose their identity provider
- Supports protocols like: OAuth, Open ID, WS-Federation, and WS-Trust and many more
- Web portal based access to administrative ACS configuration
- Support for the SAML 1.1, SAML 2.0, and Simple Web Token (SWT) token formats
- Support for Active Directory Federation Services 2.0
Behind the Scene – Defining AppFabric ACS as Identity in SharePoint 2010
$cert = New-Object System.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates.X509Certificate2("c:\your_token_signing.cer")
$map1 = New-SPClaimTypeMapping "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/05/identity/claims/emailaddress" -IncomingClaimTypeDisplayName "Email" -SameAsIncoming
$realm = "your-realm"
$signinurl = "https://your-service-namespace.accesscontrol.appfabriclabs.com/v2/wsfederation"
New-SPTrustedIdentityTokenIssuer -Name "Azure ACS" -Description "Windows Azure ACS v2" -Realm $realm -ImportTrustCertificate $cert -ClaimsMappings $map1 -SignInUrl $signinurl -IdentifierClaim $map1.InputClaimType
New-SPTrustedRootAuthority -Name "Azure Test Token Signing" -Certificate $cert
- Users do not need to remember quirky passwords
- Make them login with the credentials they use most often
- Only 25% people prefer registering online to access services
- 66% people prefer single sign on (SSO) for accessing websites
- Increase business revenue by providing easy access to your web services
- Set permission levels for users in SharePoint
- Unified login for ASP.NET based sites
- Display user attributes like first name, last name, date of birth etc. as disclosed by the user to the intermediate identity provider
- Compatible with most browsers and platforms